Author Topic: Fish Diseases/ copepods  (Read 205 times)

Offline The Fish Life

• Multifasciatus
    • View Profile
Fish Diseases/ copepods
« on: April 28, 2017, 12:34:30 AM »
Hi guys My Oscars have what I thought were internal parasites but today i looked into a substrate and there was a piece of blood worms that one of them did not eat yet. Only one of them eats by the way and the other one is sick. So I looked into the substrate and I saw little tiny ovals swimming through the substrate and around the bloodworm. Somebody told me that they were copepods, I did some research and I am pretty convinced now that they are copepods, apparently there are 13,000 species and about half of them are parasitic. I did some more research but could not find how to treat them since most people have the kind that is not parasitic but I am pretty sure that I have the parasitic type. Could you guys please tell me please how to treat it.

Offline Rupert

• Ornatipinnis
    • View Profile
Re: Fish Diseases/ copepods
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »
Hello. I'm sure you're anxious for a response. I've never owned an Oscar. I'm even less familiar with parasitic copepods. But when it comes to the health of your Oscar and finding folks who can help you determine options for treatment, you might want to check out  http://www.oscarfish.com/ . As I said, I've never owned an Oscar but I've ended up on that site on numerous occasions over the years. Lots of great information there. Good luck to you. I hope your fish and tank work out okay.