Author Topic: Multi/Similis fry  (Read 185 times)

Online Olive

• Brevis
    • View Profile
Multi/Similis fry
« on: June 09, 2017, 07:25:49 PM »
I have a 55gal tank all set up & cycled for multies that I was planning on moving the 2 we have in our bowfront Tanganyikan community tank & getting some more to hopefully get a good colony going.  Since we also have a similis in the bowfront I was hoping we could get the multies moved & new multies purchased before any babies happened. 

We weren't sure the sexes of the multies or similis but based on the fact that the simils was behaving like it was trying to get one of the multies to follow it into it's shell we figured it might be a female. 

Well we were too late.  While I was at work yesterday my daughter noticed a couple babies in our 46 gallon bowfront tank.  I know that the jury is out on hybrid cichlids.  I may not be able to sell the fry once they're big enough because they're hybrids, but I am curious what characteristics of the parents will be displayed in the fry as they get bigger.

Online jerrytheplater

• Ornatipinnis
    • View Profile
Re: Multi/Similis fry
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:29:30 PM »
Nice on the spawn.
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ

http://www.njagc.net/wp/

Online deeda

• Ocellatus
    • View Profile
Re: Multi/Similis fry
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 12:50:27 PM »
Well since they are hybrids, it will be difficult to say what they would look like.  You can grow them out if you want but I don't recommend selling or giving them away.
Dee