Author Topic: Finnish greetings from Jakarta!  (Read 369 times)

Online jerrytheplater

• Boulengeri
    • View Profile
Re: Finnish greetings from Jakarta!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 06:32:52 PM »
Rainbowfish do well in hard water.
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ

http://www.njagc.net/wp/

Offline HeikkiL

• Brevis
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 08:17:11 PM »
Rainbowfish do well in hard water.
Melanotaeniidae? Plenty of those over here... So guess a bit of rockwork and back to multies! :)

Online jerrytheplater

• Boulengeri
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 05:38:59 PM »
Yep, they are native in your neck of the woods.

I would pile your rocks up higher and even lean them against your background. See if you can get bigger rocks. I have relatively flat rocks that are maybe 24" by 12" by 1.5" and they look pretty good in my 65 gallon tank. I have others in there too to make some nice caves. Half of the tank is hidden behind the rock wall, so the Julies and Neolamprologus leleupi have two sides to motor around in. I am pretty sure I put some photo's of this tank up here. Have to find it.

I know Back to Nature makes some really nice resin rocks you might see if you can get. I got a Back to Nature flat background when visiting my daughter in Germany a while ago. She was in the Army at the time as a Nurse.
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ

http://www.njagc.net/wp/

Offline Rupert

• Ornatipinnis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 07:18:26 AM »
I think I got lost somewhere. Are you doing Julies or multis, or both? I'm thinking you're going back to only multis? Anyway, just wanted to throw out there that multis will appreciate a few rocks in the tank. They will make use of them as territory borders and provide sight breaks. Nice added bonus is that they'll soften the visual transition between the background and the shellbed.