Author Topic: Frequency of L.Ocellatus Gold spawning?  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Heuk21

• Ocellatus
    • View Profile
Frequency of L.Ocellatus Gold spawning?
« on: February 20, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »
I was just wondering how often do L.Ocellatus gold would spawn as my trio are like clockwork as the females are always having frys once the older spawn got kicked out of the shell areas. Each female already had 3 spawning each since last December. the only problem is that I can't keep most of them alive yet. I do get 5 here and there getting up to .5 inch but mostly lose them when they get kicked out of the females shells. ( WHICH can be ok as I wouldn't know what to do with all those frys).

Just wanted to know as it look like mine are outspawning my multies right now.

Kou

Offline fish head

• Shellie addict
    • View Profile
Re: Frequency of L.Ocellatus Gold spawning?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »
My pearl occies used to be on a 28 day schedule.  Sounds very close to what you have going on there.
fish keeper of 37 yrs
professional artist
...by the glow of fish tank lights

Offline Als49

• Ornatipinnis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:19:23 PM »
I'm curious how to grow occie fry in the same tank? At the least to have the most survival rate?

Offline lorax84

• Ocellatus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 01:26:13 PM »
I find that all the shell dwellers I have successfully spawned(N. Caudopunctatus, L. Multifaciatus, L. Brevis) are on about a 4 week cycle without much variation. I personally dont try to keep fry. I just do my normal maintenance and feeding, when they get to be too cramped I sell some off and just let them keep going.