Author Topic: Multifasciatus Fry  (Read 1465 times)

Offline MultifasciatusGuy

• Multifasciatus
    • View Profile
Multifasciatus Fry
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:51:39 AM »
I've had my Multis for a while now... A few days ago i noticed some wigglers swimming around the outside of the shell, this was very surprising. but then a few days later I couldn't find any of them? I don't have any other fish in the tank except for multies, I have 3 females and 1 male, is it possilbe they ate the fry? because i have a sponge filter there is no way that the fry could've got sucked up in the filter. Please help, I cant find my babies anywhere! :'( :'( :'(

Offline fish head

• Shellie addict
    • View Profile
Re: Multifasciatus Fry
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 05:38:50 AM »
Sometimes it takes new parents a couple shots to get it right.  They have the first few steps down, but still need to improve the fry protecting skills.

(one gal was jealous?)  hang in there!  You'll have a tank full in time.

Just don't over feed the tank when you see fry.  That can be a problem.
fish keeper of 37 yrs
professional artist
...by the glow of fish tank lights

Offline snakeskinner

• Ornatipinnis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:20:43 PM »
I'm a bit confused.  you said you had wigglers, swimming, outside the shell?  wigglers are newly hatched and cannot swim and should be inside the shell with multies.  I've never seen multi wigglers because of that.  if they were free swimming fry, that's ok for them to be outside. 

fish head may be right that the parents could have just eaten them out of inexperience.  they may also be inside the shell where you can't see them  typically the parents will rush the fry into the shells when they see any threats (such as a person).  time will tell but either way you'll have fry before long..  Kyle
Keep all sorts of fish

• Multifasciatus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 05:11:38 PM »
hey guys, thanks, i just saw two of em little ones and they're wandering around the shells, maybe they just hide from me. Thanks, oh and that was just a type about the wigglers. i meant little fry.

Offline fish head

• Shellie addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 05:24:48 PM »
hide and seek - shell game style!
fish keeper of 37 yrs
professional artist
...by the glow of fish tank lights

• Multifasciatus
    • View Profile