Author Topic: From 10 to 20 Long, thinking about Julidochromis to go with my multifasciatus?  (Read 826 times)

Offline Rupert

• Ocellatus
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the multis are running the show without doing damage to the julies. Nice to know it's working out.

Offline Pilch566

• Brevis
    • View Profile
I am having the opposite effect. My alpha Julie is the biggest fish in the tank and he chases the multies (although he chases the multies less than he chases the other Julies). The multies generally hold their own and sometimes chase the big Julie but I think the multies have ceded some territory to the big Julie. The two smaller Julies get chased by everyone.

Offline Rupert

• Ocellatus
    • View Profile
I gave a run at the combo and had a similar experience. The male multi I put into the Julie tank pretty much ran the brawl. I ended up pulling the multis since the focus of that tank is the julies. Plan to try again down the road after it looks like the julies can muster more assertiveness. My julies range from a bit over an inch to nearly 1.75", and the young male multi I put in their tank was just fearless about swimming across the tank into the middle of 5 julies and throwing a rampage.

Keep posting. Great to share notes with folks trying the same combo at the same time.