Author Topic: Got My Multies!  (Read 341 times)

Offline Pilch566

• Brevis
    • View Profile
Got My Multies!
« on: March 27, 2017, 10:23:52 AM »
Picked up 6 multies on Saturday from Fish Hut of NJ. They are small (maybe 3/4 inch) but adorable. A couple of them are already digging around the shells and/or have found a shell to shack up in.

I also picked up 4 Julie transcriptus gombi. I think I got 3 males (all around the same size) and 1 female (a bit smaller than the others). One of the larger ones is pretty brutal to the other 2 and they all leave the smaller one alone. If the 2 that are getting beat up make it through the week I will try to rehome them.

Will try to post some pictures soon.

Online jerrytheplater

• Ornatipinnis
    • View Profile
Re: Got My Multies!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 05:47:19 PM »
Glad you found some Multi's. Good for you. I found with my J. regani, the females are the larger fish. Same with N. leleupi.
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ

http://www.njagc.net/wp/

Offline Rupert

• Ocellatus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 11:07:00 PM »
Congrats on the multis. Such a cool little fish (but I'm biased because that's what I have :) ). Julies are still on my wish list so I can't offer practical experience there. Do you have them in the same tank?

Offline Pilch566

• Brevis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 07:36:41 AM »
Yes, I have the julies and multis together in a 20 gallon long. I have rocks set up in the left half and shells set up in the right half. So far the julies spend more time on the shell side than they do on the rock side, so go figure. Anyway I think the julies' shape helps get them between the shells to pick at the sand looking for food.